The Division of Student Affairs Core Values awards were established in 2015 to recognize employees who have shown characteristics of the division’s core values: Students First, Everyone Speaks, Embrace Differences and Lead with Learning. In 2018, the Outstanding Graduate Assistant Award was introduced. All current staff members and graduate assistants may submit nominations for colleagues within the Division of Student Affairs. Nominations are collected each spring through a survey sent to all employees. The Core Values Committee reviews all nominations and recommends award recipients to the Office of the Vice Chancellor’s Senior Leadership Team for final approval. Winners in each category receive a monetary award and trophy at the end-of-the-year celebration in May.
We put our students first in all that we do. Our greatest successes as a university are the successes of our students.
- 2018-2019 Winner: Cindy May
- 2017-2018 Winner: Susie Parker
- 2016-2017 Winner: Jennifer Fos
We are the Ole Miss Family, and our personal connections with students facilitate their development and persistence to graduation.
- 2018-2019 Winner: Michael Brown
- 2017-2018 Winner: Derek Dixon
- 2016-2017 Winner: Mariana Rangel
Lead with Learning
In and out of the classroom, we utilize every opportunity for student learning and growth.
- 2018-2019 Winner: Ray Hawkins
- 2017-2018 Winner: Mike Meurrier and Adam Stewart
- 2016-2017 Winner: Courtney Dressler
We acknowledge that we learn the most from those who are different from ourselves, and we seek to maximize opportunities for such learning to occur.
- 2018-2019 Winner: Jennifer Bradley
- 2017-2018 Winner: Erin Parker
- 2016-2017 Winner: Jeremy Cook
Outstanding Graduate Assistant
Exemplifies the Core Values of the Division of Student Affairs in addition to adding new ideas, programming, and/or services to the division, or outstanding service to students.
- 2018-2019 Winner: Meg Johnson
- 2017-2018 Winner: Eddie Labid